Mosquito Control Programs
Eliminate mosquitoes from your home
Nothing can ruin your time outdoors faster than the itching, irritating bites of mosquitoes, and they are more than a just nuisance. Mosquitos are a very real health hazard. With mosquito-borne illness including Malaria, West Nile and Zica virus on the rise, infecting millions of people worldwide, controlling them in your outdoor space is one of the most important things you can do to protect your family.
Our integrated approach focuses on both elimination with and prevention. We help you to eliminate stagnant water sources where mosquitos live and breed. By targeting mosquitoes outside of your home through regulation and prevention, we prevent the need for concentrated chemical application inside of your home unless absolutely necessary.
There are steps that you as a home-owner can take in eliminating the mosquitoes on your property. The most effective measure is to eliminate any standing water on your property. Standing, stagnant water is where mosquitoes breed. Here are tips for ridding standing water on your property:
- Regularly clean and treat swimming pools
- Frequently change the water in wading pools, bird baths and other water containers
- Keep ditches, drains and culverts free of debris so water can drain properly
- Repair leaky pipes, outside faucets and failed septic systems
- Mow your grass short
- Remove all containers, toys, tires, and anything that will collect and retain rain water from your property.
- Bug-repelling plants such as marigolds, tansies, Thai lemon grass, citronella grass, oregano, chives, catnip and garlic are excellent, natural mosquito repellents.